GENERAL and SPECIAL RULES
member found taking fish away from any Club water will be liable to be
expelled from the Club. (Limited numbers of live-bait sized fish may be
retained for use on the day they are caught and on the water in which they
are caught only). THIS RULE TO BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
may not do or cause or suffer to be done any wilful or unnecessary damage to
the banks or herbage thereof on either side of the river and to use the same
exercise of the right of fishing in a reasonable manner and in particular
not to erect any tent or camp on any bank or light any fire or erect any
cooking apparatus upon or carry any gun on the same.
3) No fish
to be accepted for weighing-in for Club prizes or Special prizes unless it
conforms to Club minimum size list as stated under 'Qualifying Weights'
Membership card must be produced when weighing in fish, or proof of
membership within 7 days, dated prior to the date of weighing-in.
trophy to be taken outside 10 miles, except at the discretion of the
members of visiting Clubs shall hold Waterbeach Membership books, except for
Committee approved matches.
unauthorised matches to be held on Club waters.
of Club Trophies may have the custody of them for one season. Trophies to be
returned to the Trophy Manager no later than the last day of February.
of the Club constitution may be obtained from the Secretary.
are reminded that, in accordance with NFA regulations and NRA bylaws, the
use of lead shot in the sizes No.5 to 0.5 oz. inclusive are banned from all
fishing is not allowed on any club water.
12) Only TWO
rods may be used at a time on any Club water except that only ONE rod is
allowed on either Magpie Lake, Atkins Water or Hatley's Junior Pit.
13) 11b. No
rod to be left fishing unattended on our waters at any time.
14) It is a
condition of membership that a valid EA Rod Licence is held by all anglers -
including juniors - before fishing WAC waters.
15) No cars to
be driven on landowners’ land or washes.
16) No dogs,
except guide dogs, to be brought onto any Club water.
are not to use Mr. Curtis’s private road. There is NO ACCESS to Curtis's
Wash through the farm.
18) Follow the
Country Code. Close all gates, leave no litter. No tins to be brought onto
any Club water.
fishing above Bottisham Locks are kindly requested to give way to sailing
categories are as follows:
Junior - age 15 years and below;
Youth: age 16 to 18 inclusive;
Senior - age 18 years and above;
Concessions 60+, Blue Badge & Armed Forces.
There are different age categories for some junior prizes - see Junior
WAC Ticket prices for season 2016 to 2017 are as follows: Clubcard:
· Adult - £30.00
· Youth: age 16 to 18 inclusive - £20.00
· Junior - age 15 years and younger - £5.00
· Husband/Wife - £40.00
Concessions (60+) - £20.00
Concessions (Armed Services) - £20.00
Concessions (Blue Badge) - £20.00 Concessions - £5
River - £5.00 [
Atkins Water - £7.00. (Included on Club Card; )
Magpie Lake - £7.00. (Club Card Holders & Concessions - £5.00)
Leland Water - £10.00 (£15.00 for two rods).
22) A ‘Loyalty
Card’ system operates on Magpie and Atkins Lakes. Save three old Day Tickets
and fish free on your fourth visit. Old tickets that must have been issued
within the last 12 month must be handed to the bailiff.
Water Day Tickets must be booked IN ADVANCE ONLY by phone or in person from
Leland Water Ticket Manager, (see page 16)
24) River Day
Tickets may be purchased from WAC Agents or on the bank.
Water Day Tickets may be purchased from WAC Agents or on the bank.
Lake Day Tickets may be purchased from WAC Agents or on the bank.
anglers (under 16's) must be accompanied
by an Adult at all times on all club waters.
28) Except in
organised matches, no Carp to be retained in keep-nets at any time.
1. All Waterbeach Club matches to be fished to N.F.A. rules, and all fish
to be returned to the water immediately after weighing.
2. Pegs shall not be less than 18 yards apart, and competitors may not
move more than one yard from the peg. Ladies and Junior anglers may receive
assistance in landing fish.
3. All profit from Elizabethan Cup match to be donated to charity.
4. No competitor to break the surface of the water before the starting
signal, except to mix groundbait.
5. Only one hook allowed. More than one rod may be made up, but only one
to be baited.
6. Minimum age for Juniors in matches; 10 years unless accompanied by a
7. Any competitor moving during a match must pass at least 15 yards
behind other competitors.
8. The committee reserve the right to alter or postpone match fixtures
without prior notice.
9. Club Cards must be shown at all Club Matches.
10. Any complaint of infringement of match rules must be made before
weighing-in. Stewards decision in all cases will be final.
11. All competitors not complying with match rules will be disqualified.
12. Pike and Zander are excluded from all Open or Club matches.
13. All matches to be fished strictly to time. Entries for matches close
on the Friday evening preceding the competition.
14. All entries received will be chargeable, whether or not the applicant
fishes, at a minimum of £2.00 per entry. A minimum fee of £2.00 shall be
made for all bookings on Waterbeach A.C. waters,
peg fees for Open and major League Matches will be £2.00.
15. In Club Matches, one prize will be presented for every ten anglers
16. If the River Cam is unfishable, matches will, if possible, be
switched to an alternative venue.
17. Regular matches will be held at Atkins Water, normally on two Sundays
in each month, when the water will be closed to other angling, normally
until 4pm. Further details will be displayed on the
notice board by the gate, and from the Match Secretary.
18. Junior matches will also be held at Atkins Water on some summer
evenings and one Saturday. For further details see displayed notices and the
'Junior Match Dates' page.
19. Qualifying Weights: No fish will QUALIFY for Club Specimen Prizes
unless they equal or exceed the following weights: BREAM 2lb.,
DACE 6oz., EELS 1lb., PERCH 10oz., PIKE 7lb., ROACH 12oz., RUDD 8oz.,
TENCH 1lb 8oz., - CARP, CHUB & PIKE to EA size limit.
NEW WATER: In association and agreement with The Waterbeach Level Drainage Board, WAC now
controls a short length of River Cam bank fishing at the end of Bannold Road
(below the sluice). Day Tickets available on the bank from WAC Bailiff.
Residents of Waterbeach, Landbeach, Chittering and Lode may fish free.